One challenge facing NHS boards today is waiting time (TTG / RTT) targets. These can be hard to meet, let alone exceed.
Synaptik’s expert support can help you resolve your short, medium and longer term issues and challenges in this area. How? We can provide additional service capacity to reduce your waiting times.
The integration of this service is smooth and seamless, with much of the work done at weekends. We will do our utmost to source ANY speciality that you require.
Here are just a few of our most-used services: Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Neurology, Respiratory Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Oral Surgery, Endoscopy, Urology, Cardiology, Paediatrics, Maxillofacial Surgery, Dermatology, Oncology, Anaesthesia, Gynaecology, Psychology, ENT.
Throughout every commission, we evaluate performance from the client’s, patients’ and consultant’s perspective. It is essential that the service is tailored exactly to the client’s needs and that everyone involved benefits from a professional, high quality experience.
In addition to our waiting time support services, we like to work with you to improve long term operational efficiencies, to help you meet increasingly challenging targets, while limiting the need for short term solutions.
Neurology consultant staff – a case study
Achieving and maintaining waiting time performance is a huge challenge for the NHS. The degrees of challenge vary across the UK, and for many organisations there are shortages of skilled, multi-professional staff across a wide range of speciality areas.
Synaptik was commissioned to provide consultant staff support in Neurology for a hospital which was failing waiting time guarantees in new outpatient appointments. Specifically 20 sessions were required within a period of 3 months.
We exceeded expectations by:
- Sourcing an appropriately experienced and skilled consultant, substantively
employed within the NHS, who was able to provide support for 5 weekends over a 10 week period
- Orientating them to the local system and ensuring all the necessary administrative and local systems access issues were enabled
- Providing a follow-up service for patients requiring a variety of investigation results to be reported back
- Liaising closely with the local speciality team to handover care and management plans
- Ensuring local Board compliance was achieved through rapid improvement in waiting time delays
- Providing local service solutions and reducing the number of patients requiring to travel longer distances for care
The local clinical team’s feedback was positive, as was that of the patients especially with regard to personal attention, thoroughness and clarity of communication. The consultant neurologist has continued to work with Synaptik and the client soon asked us to provide further support.